Psychiatry is a branch of medicine dealing with emotional, behavioral and psychiatric disorders. Highly qualified and experienced Psychiatrists in this Department are capable of diagnosing and giving expert management for all psychiatric conditions. 24 hrs services assured in this hospital The hospital offers outpatient and inpatient treatment services for all psychiatric and behavioral problems. Our treatment comprises purely client centered approaches which help the patient to cope up with the psychiatric problems. Admission to the hospital can be done on voluntary or involuntary basis as per the mental health laws and regulations of the country.
- Treatment for all psychiatric, emotional and behavioral disorders
- Psychiatric evaluation and mental status examination
- Psychosocial assessment
- Psycho diagnostic assessments
- Modified Electro Convulsive
- planning for future
Clinical psychology is an integration of the science, theory and clinical knowledge for the purpose of understanding, preventing, and relieving psychologically based distress or dysfunction and to promote subjective and behavioural well-being and personal development. Central to its practice are psychological assessment and psychotherapy The clinical psychology services provided by a professionally trained clinical psychologist trained from NIMHANS.
The services provided in this department are as follows;
Psychological Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Individual Therapy and Counselling for various psychiatric disorders
- Pre-Marital Counselling and Marital Counselling.
- Family therapy
- Behavioral and Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Sex education and Sex Therapy
- Neuropsychological Rehabilitation and Cognitive Retraining
- Psychotherapy and Counselling for Suicidal, Alcoholism, Smoking & Drug Abuse
- Training programs for the teachers, students and mental health professionals
- Assessment of Intelligence
- Assessment of Memory
- Assessment of Personality
- Assessment of Specific Learning Disabilities
- Assessment of Various psychiatric illnesses
- Assessment of Neuropsychological functions
- Assessment for Diagnostic Purposes
PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORK
Psychiatric social workers are vital members of the treatment team in our hospital and we provide professionally qualified social work services to the psychiatric patients, families and community
The department offers the following services;
- Psychosocial assessment
- Family Counselling
- Marital and premarital Counselling
- Suicide prevention programmes
- Psychoeducation and individual counseling services
- Counselling for Alcoholic and Drug abuse cases
- Group counseling.
- Conducting Alcoholic Anonymous Group
- Life style modification Training
- Assessments of patients’ social, emotional, interpersonal and socioeconomic issues.
- Coordinating mental health programs within the hospital and community.
- Aftercare planning process to facilitate a careful transition back to family and community.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG DE ADDICTION
Alcohol, drugs and tobacco related problems are increasing in India causing immeasurable damage to the nation. Our hospital has a special unit for the treatment of substance abuse and dependence. Alcoholic Anonymous (AA) meetings are held every second Saturdays in which the patients share their experiences and discuss their problems.
The treatment procedures involve;
- Alcohol detoxification & deterrent therapy
- Drug detoxification & craving management
- Group Therapy
- Psychotherapy & counselling for addicts
- Family therapy & Counseling for family members
- Psycho educative and awareness classes by experts
- Yoga and meditation
- Smoking cessation programme
General medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and (non-surgical) treatment of the internal organs. The department staffed by experienced Physicians. The Special features include all types of laboratory investigations, haematology, biochemistry, urine analysis, X-Ray, ECG, and all emergency interventions. Elaborate diagnostic facilities aided by modern laboratory and imaging techniques. Update sessions, group discussions and continuing medical education (CME) programme for diagnosis and management of difficult problems.
PEDIATRICS AND NEONATOLOGY
Caring for the young and tender ones from birth till 18 years
The services available from highly qualified and experienced Doctors in this Department and are capable of diagnosing and giving expert management for most of the paediatric conditions.
CHILD AND ADOLESCENCE GUIDENCE CLINIC
The Child and Adolescence Guidance Clinic focusing on understanding, preventing, and relieving psychologically based distress and to promote subjective wellbeing, and personal development of children and adolescent. Child and adolescence Guidance Clinic is specialized in diagnosing and treating child psychiatric conditions. The treatment team consists of Psychiatrists, Pediatrician, Clinical Psychologist, Social workers, and special educators .
- Identification of delayed milestones and disabilities
- Emotional and behavioral problems
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Difficulties, slow learners
- Assessment and diagnosis of learning problems
- Psychological/Neuropsychological & Psychiatric Disorders in Children & Adolescents
- Children with intellectual deficits
- School refusal
- Conduct Disorder, Disruptive behaviour Disorder
- Workshops for parents teachers and children